As Engineer Combat Systems you will support technical activities related to Combat Systems for Naval vessels, in the areas of definition and technical specification of these systems, procurement support and engineering integration. These activities will include validation and verification support of developed and delivered combat systems against their requirements and specification, be it through engineering data and documents or installation and integration tests. Projects can be either new build ship design and development or updates and refits for existing vessels. As Engineer Combat Systems you will get involved in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command, and control systems.
As Engineer Combat Systems you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the combat system engineering group on sustained performance by delivering quality engineering products within budget and on a timely basis on allocated projects.
- Supporting the subcontractor contribution to the project(s) during preparation and execution phases.
- Participating in project reviews and taking ownership of the assigned projects activities to drive targeted results for schedule & quality.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Understanding the execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the subcontractor(s).
- Preparing for and participating in contractual milestone reviews, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT, supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager as internal accepting party.
- Assisting the warranty authority on all warranty issues that have been identified.
- Supporting the proposal department in creating proposals for new systems for projects and in proposal evaluation(s) of received technical proposals from candidate subcontractors.
- Assisting the technical subcontract manager(s) in defining, establishing, and testing functional and physical interfaces.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field, preferably with an Electrical, Aerospace, Maritime or Systems Engineering specialisation.
- Hands-on experience in engineering and/or subcontract management support of complex systems, gained in the shipbuilding or a related industry.
- Experience in working with engineering tooling & software such as CAD software and PLM systems.
- Experience in hands-on interaction and activities with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors’ staff and project managers in shipbuilding or a related industry with multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- Basic understanding in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience.
- Experience with working in complex project environments.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Ideally Dutch (written and verbal)
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).