The role as Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer, you will work on for projects related to services for naval ships. You will be working on projects related to spare parts, in warranty or out of warranty, providing services during the whole life cycle of vessels. The usual service packages that must be delivered normally include technical documentation, maintenance plans for equipment and training.
- Preparing ILS training material for technical equipment and naval products.
- Preparing budgetary offers and estimations of projects costs.
- Performing ILS analysis such as ISP, ATM and PMS. Work on ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/LSA including ARM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training and transfer of technology.
- Studying the technical regulations and technical drawings that apply in each project.
- Studying and reporting the reliability and maintainability of naval equipment.
- Cooperate with the technical department and report to the Project Manger ILS.
- Support and pro-actively coach the more junior Engineers.
- Deliver ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals and in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes, and methodologies.
The ideal candidate has experience in the naval or shipbuilding industry and has a solid technical knowledge regarding vessel’s equipment.
In addition as Engineer ILS you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Minimum of two years of experience in development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment or alternatively a minimum of two years of experience in maintenance in an engineering environment