Our client is an established leader in the marine industry, building, fine tuning and developing powerful diesel outboard engines.
Over the last 10 years their mission has been to build and deliver this innovative ultra lightweight diesel engine, and take it to a worldwide stage.
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything they do and aim to be leaders in their field.
As Principal Engineer you are a strong leader and effective communicator, with the ability to manage the test team while also developing excellent relationships with relevant stakeholders internally and externally. Your goal will be to direct the test team, manage the scheduling and prioritisation of test activities while monitoring and reporting on the action.
- Oversee the development and execution of test procedures including component rig test, engine dyno and full outboard testing
- Ensure accurate specification and implementation of test rigs, instrumentation, control and logging equipment takes place in order to provide the infrastructure for testing
- Ensure accurate specification and implementation of test equipment for test vessels takes place in order to provide the infrastructure for testing
- Ensure that new test methods have been shown to provide the data to the expected quality of the requestor
- Ensure that the maintenance and improvement of test facilities is carried out to both provide the required test data but also provide a safe environment for all those involved to work
- Ensure that the team deliver to agreed targets, identify issues in a proactive manner and provide suggestions for their resolution
- Ensure that initial results analysis and peer review has taken place at source before releasing data from the Test team
- Strong track record of developing and leading Test and Development activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject
- Experience of powertrain test set-up and execution
- Experience in an engine test environment
- IT literate in Microsoft software and other test control packages
- Flexibility to travel both within the UK and internationally
Other relevant experience:
Experience in the operation of small powered marine craft, test cell operation using Sierra CP Engineering CADET test cell control systems and relevant health & safety training is highly advantageous
Salary & Benefits
- UK £61,500 / annum DOE
- South coast
- 25 days holidays
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA Healthcare + EAP (employee assistance program)
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Discounted Gym Membership